Thursday, September 16, 2010

Voices

Everyone hears voices in their heads. It's hard to differentiate the voices too. Sometimes I think I hear God speaking to me, but then it's just things that I want to hear. There's honestly no easy way to figure out which voice to listen to.

I've heard some many times, "Just follow your heart!" Well, sometimes your heart isn't where God wants it to be. Sometimes, too, you can hear Satan pretending to "show" you something. He's crafty, and he's like a snake. He gets you right when you are down, making something that look appealing when, in reality, it is disastrous! I've been hearing alot of voices lately. Some have been myself and my thoughts turning into "maybes." Some have perhaps been God and some have been the devil. It's so incredibly hard to focus and try to figure out what voice to listen to! All I have to say this evening is to listen to the Voice of Truth. Don't let anyone put you down for who you are and what you stand for. Don't let people do that to you. A, that's just not right..you deserve better. And B, God created everyone equally. The only one higher than us is Him!

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Hold onto that. If you're going through a hard time, all I can say is "Stop, Drop, and Pray." He's always there for you. He's a great listener. God also may say "wait" to you. And when/if He does, obey that. God may say "wait," but He never says "worry." You have nothing to be worried about, because NOTHING is impossible with God. If you're having trouble, listen to the Voice of Truth. It will always set you free from the ties that bind you.

This has cheered me up just thinking about it. I hope it does the same for you.

  • "But the Voice of truth tells me a different story
    the Voice of truth says 'do not be afraid!'
    and the Voice of truth says 'this is for My glory'
    Out of all the voices calling out to me
    I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth" ~ Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns
  • "You will be safe in His arms..." ~ Safe by Phil Wickham

No comments:

Post a Comment