Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How Great Thou Art

Before youth group on Wednesdays, my friends and I usually go to Wendy's or McDonald's and the mall to hang out for a little while.  Well today a couple of my friends had to go to Giant Eagle.  As we were exiting the highway, my friend Kraig said "the sky looks really cool" (or something along those lines).  I looked up and saw a picture somewhat like this.


Now, this isn't my picture and I don't take credit for it.  But it was as beautiful as this.  Just as we came around the bend and I saw this, I heard the lyrics "Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee; How great Thou art, how great Thou art..." I had tears in my eyes because it looked like Heaven was peeking through the sky! 

I had a pretty bad weekend.  We had some family in town, so that made it a little better.  But at the end I was just very discouraged.  Then I realized that it's not about me.  It's about giving God the glory.  He's got wonderful plans for me to succeed!  And He does have plans that will bring along some suffering, but that's how we learn and grow!  But just getting a look at that sky made me think "Look how great You really are, God!"  

Although I was having a bad weekend, I was comforted with the thought that even though our God is that great, He still walks beside me every single day and cares for my well-being. It's awesome!  I hope you are comforted the same way that I was today.

  • Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future."
  • Name above all names
    You are worthy of all praise
    My heart will sing "How great is our God"
       -How Great Is Our God by Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment